Wednesday 28 October 2009

Day 32

My motto for life!

Each day is a new chance to find joy and to dance. If you let it pass or think it useless, the chance is gone and you'll never get it back. When was the last time you played? Or just did something for the sheer fun of it? Joy is not found in the world around you, it's within yourself. You can make your own joy, especially during those dark times when you need to really feel alive again. Fun and play are healthy antidotes to taking life--and ourselves--too seriously. They're proven boosters of immune systems and mental health and make life worth the trouble. So do the twist. Sing in the shower. Learn a magic trick. Watch a cartoon. Challenge some kids to a game. Don't let a single day go to waste.

This blog is as much about getting my life i order as it is about getting my weight and health issues in order

But back to my weight and health issues.

I have decided to keep on with the Movicol even though the acute issue has been resolved. I am also seriously considering adding something like Activia to my daily diet as a preventative measure.

Yesterday I said I wasn't going to exercise - but in the end I did. I did 30 minutes free stepping watching the tv last night.

I didnt put out a buffet for last nights MH so food went better but I still did some snacking BUT I WAS hungry when I ate.

But being honest food didn't go brilliantly. Being brutally honest I feel this 90 day session is a bust - but I am NOT GIVING UP.

The difference between 'try' amd 'triumph' is a bit of 'umph' so I am kicking myself up the backside mentally and telling myself to give it some umph.

I need to believe I CAN lose weight. There is another area of my life where I need to beleive I can do something .

There is an obvious theme here - I still haven't dealt with the self image issues that have plagued me for so long.

Right lets look at what I am doing well

I am exercising - even when I say I won't I do

I am eating smaller meals

I am drinking more water

I am eating slower

I do think what I really want before I eat

Crisps used to be a very regular part of my diet - 3 packets a day sometimes. Now they are a treat.

Because I am more aware of what I want to eat I am paying more attentio to texture whihc means I have to cook more pften to get what I want. And O cook healthier meals

At my heaviest I weighed over 16 and a half stone. I have gone from that weight (many years ago now) to 14 stone -( via about 10 stone. It would be nice to get back around 10st. ) So I CAN lose weight . I can do this and I can do it in a way that means I wont put wieght back on the moment the diet ends becasue I will have naturally healthy eating patterns.

No comments: