Thursday 29 October 2009

Day 33

Courage comes in many forms. In Hollywood, courage involves evildoers and daring deeds. In real life, rescue workers, police, and the military have the courage to lie their lives on the line for someone else or a cause. Even for those of us who live life on a much smaller stage, courage is no less important. The world and the future can be scary. Fear of failure, fear of change, and fear of taking a chance can be enough to keep us in bed all day if we let them. Do you live bravely or do you often look for the easy way out? Next time you're faced with two choices, choose the bolder. As this becomes more natural, you can be sure that you'll do the right thing when called upon. Stand up for your values. Stand up for your goals. Stand.

So what are my goals? What do I need courage to do? Well I will need courage to use my reiki if that is what I am meant to do. Just because something is 'meant' to happen doesn't mean it is easy to do. And I need courage to lose weight. In my mind co-one expects too much of a fat person - but thin people are achievers. I hadn't realised that before.

The bottom line is I don't think I am an achiever . Self image issues again.

Today has started well. I have done 10 minutes step plus but decided I will do my other 20 minutes tonight. I have had breakfast (1 weetabix and an orange) and eaten in quite slowly. The bad side is I still feel hungry


My IBS is really playing up and making me feel bloated and blah.

I really must stop being such a self pitying wimp. I know I can achieve things. I have achieved things, I need to kick myself up the backside and just tell myself to get on with it

I just checked my mail box and found this from beyond chocolate

1. Tune in
2. Eat when you're hungry
3. Eat whatever you want
4. Put it on a plate, sit down and focus
5. Enjoy
6. Stop when you're satisfied
7. Own your body
8. Move
9. Support yourself
10. Be your own Guru

Their 10 rules that are pretty the same as Paul's. I dont always put food on a plate. Something to think about.

3 comments:

NewMe said...

I noticed you mentioned taking Movicol. It's not a product that I know but I looked it up. If I understood correctly, it's for constipation.

Could I make another suggestion? Try 1/3 cup of aloe juice first thing in the morning and another 1/3 cup just before bed. It's not very good tasting, but it's the absolute best thing I've ever taken for constipation.

Try it and keep me posted.

Wendy

Anonymous said...

The principles of Beyond Chocolate are very similair aren't they. I loved the book but didn't like the way it critised Paul's program a few times - that turned me off the authors a bit

Sally said...

Wendy I am a pharmacist so I know all the non drug means to deal with my problems. If I am resorting to Movicol its becasue I know it has got beyond dietary measures. But thanks for the advice Aloe juice isn't something I have tried.