Saturday 10 October 2009

Day 14

To weigh in or not to weigh in that is the question! I think not. After all my goal is noticeable weight loss by Xmas. If I weigh in on Xmas Eve and discover I have lost a whole 3 or 4 lbs I will be ecstatic. Anything more than that and I will be absolutely delirious with joy. I know I haven't had the best 2 weeks start, I have hardly been at work and that si always challenging.

OK so really how HAVE I done in this first two weeks? Under the circumstances brilliantly. I haven't OD'd on chocolate or crisps. My overall diet is pretty healthy

Breakfast is normally cereal with fruit and yoghurt. Some times (like today) it is toast and marmalade. Lunch has been hit and miss while I have been off work. Cheese and biscuits, cheese on toast, a sandwich. Normally lunch is a sandwich and fruit. Dinners have been more or less normal. I am still not eating slowly enough. My downfall as ever is biscuts with tea and coffee. But I have never gone totally over the top. I havent drunk as much water as I would like because at home there isn't the same imperative. But I did drink water last night at the game.

I have had problem with emotional hunger these two weeks. This is hardly surprising. But I have resistend the chocolate cravings and even gave away almost a whole packet of chocolate biscuits I took into the hospital the day Edna died. I had no iea how long I would be there and took them in to sustain me. I had one and then donated te remainder of the packet to the staff when I left after sorting out the formalities. The old me would hve brought the packet home.

I do have a healthier relationship with food than I used to.

Todays healthy reflection got me thinking

Are you your own obstacle?

Are you trying to stick to a fitness plan, improve a relationship, eliminate fast food from your diet, or be a better parent? Whatever your goal, was there a time when you thought you couldn't do it? This is a natural reaction when things get tough. It's easier to find ways to justify your actions than to get over the hurdle. This week, eliminate the hurdles and barriers you've created. If you find yourself saying, "I can't" or "I don't have time," then re-analyze your goal. If you really want to achieve it, then make the time or take a different approach (get up earlier, stay organized, learn the skills). Find time for you and your goals.


Do I really believe I can lose weight? I'm not sure if I do or not. Certainly this past couple of weeks have left me tired and this susceptible to negative self image. The lack of consistency in exercise and drinking water have disappointed me. But being realistic to keep my health programme in mind at a time like this is an acheivment and I think it shows hw my mindset has changed. Thank you Mr McKenna for giving me the tools to do this.

This weekend we are going on a pyschic development workshop. I am really looking forward to it. It is in Hay Castle and we are making a weekend of it. Driving 70 miles back to Brum when you have had no sleep didn't seem like a good idea so I persuaded Tony to make it a stop over. This weekend is hugely exciting not because I think I am suddenly; going to develop an amazing ability but because Tony is coming (and I did wonder if he would) and I am sure he is going to discover something amazing about himself. I want him to have a WOW moment.

No comments: