Thursday 15 October 2009

Day 19 - getting back on track

I like this idea!
Commercial Exercise Breaks

In the 1960s, the average 60-minute television show had about nine minutes of commercials. Today, that has doubled to 18 minutes. Some half-hour shows can have as many as 12 minutes of commercials. Think of how you can constructively use that time to fit more fitness into your day--instead of flipping between other shows. If you exercised during commercials while watching TV for about 2 hours, it would add up to more than 30 minutes a day!

Whether you choose cardio, flexibility, or strength exercises, you're getting a lot accomplished!


Thank you sparkpeople. Sadly a lot of what we watch is recorded so we wihizz through the breaks but I will still give this a go and see how much I can accomplish.

Today has started well. I got up at 6.30 when the alarm went off. After feeding the cats and dealing with the dishwasher the wii fit went on. I wasn't too impressed with the results and it was only 20 minutes (aerobic and yoga) and I was horrified by my lack of balance and strength.......but I still did it.

I am now eating my breakfast slowly and gave already drunk plenty of water. I actually dont have to go anywhere today so I am going to concentrate on paperwork. I may CHOOSE to go out at some point - but it WILL be MY choice.

I ate fairly healthily yesterday. Not brilliant and I ate too many biscuits but it was OK. I still feel under the circumstances I am entitled to feel quite proud of myself.

I still have self image issues. I don't feel I am fat failure but I feel like an overweight underachiever.

No comments: