Tuesday 7 April 2009

Walking

I walked to work yesterday (4000 steps out and about 2000 to and from the bus stop on the way back)

Food got disjointed yesterday bceause I ended up having to take my lunch breal earlier than I wanted, not long after I had had an apple at mid morning break because I was hungry. And last night duirng the game I was far too close to the chocolates.

BUT BUT BUT before I drown myself in an orgy of self loathing (only kidding those days are long gone) I have realised I physically could NOT pig out the way I used to. While I have never sat down and eaten a whole packet of biscuits at one go, eating 7 or 8 in a short time was common. I couldn't do that now. The thought of it makes me feel sick. The old me would have had a couple of chocolates, some biscuits and maybe a packet or two of crisps. So although I am disaapointed, its still an improvment.

And that is what this programme is about for me - improvement. I felt my life could be better so I set out to improve it. That was 3 years ago. The disasters of last year gave me a sharper focus.

But I have realised that the improvments will always be a work in progress. Once I have acheived my current goals, I am positive others will appear. So maybe the title of this entry should be 'Journey' rather than 'walking' And isnt it intersesting that one of the key things is this blog aka a 'journal' a word which must come from the same as route as 'journey'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to know the days of beating yourself up so much are over? I love that I am kinder to myself.