Wednesday 22 April 2009

Self motivation

After pigging out last nigh on doritos, and sinking into a pit of despair over Edna I felt this morning I needed some major action to make myself feel better ....... about everything including myself.

So far this morning I have done a 30 minute workout on the Wii fit (yoga, advanced step basics twice, begginers boxing twice and for the first time in ages an island lap) So I have clokced up 30 satisfying minutes, definitley donesome cario excercise and hipefully have raised my serotonin levels - excercise is natures anti-depressant - scientifically proved.

I have also removed any need for me to go over to Mosely today to see Edna. Since we cant do anything at Steve's today either while we wait for the plaster to dry, that means I have a day to do what I want and spend some quality time with Tony

Since I dont feel hungry but am thirsty I have made myself a breakfast smoothie (milk yoghurt banana and strawberries) which I am drinking instead of breakfast, I dont think I will be able to finish it. I also dont think I have got the recipe quite right either. It lacks a bit of zing. Possibly too much yoghurt. I do know it muct be pretty low calorie though and that makes me feel very disciplined and good about myself. I also have to allow for the fact that tonight I know I know I am goig to be induslging in something chocolaty that Rob is brining round - and he told me to lay in some cream. Well I;ve gone for a substitie with 30% less fat 0- but I know that taste will be just as good.

I am looking for ways - ANY ways to prove to myself that I donlt need to see myself as a fat lump pf a failure - but basically that IS how I see myself at the moment. So control ,discipline ,excercise, and doing things I like and am good at is what I am going to concentrate on today.

I am also going to relax - since I am sure tiredness is also a factor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sally do you ever listen to the CD track from ICMYT? I only listen to it when I feel down about my myself and my self esteem is low. There is something on there that has me thinking much kinder thoughts about myself and it really helps.