Saturday 11 April 2009

Back to basics

OK Enough philosphising (is that a ward?) Lets get back to dealing with the basics . Yesterday was a VERY bad food day. Minieggs, chocolates, cheese and biscuits, and 2 packets of crisps none of which were really eaten in response to hunger. Peccavi. Today my aim is to do better. So I did my workout first thing - and did 30 minutes in one go. Breakfast was cereal with yoghurt. I do prefer that to milk becasue it keeps the crunch. I added some prunes because my IBS is playing up and I'd rthaer have prunes than Movicol. But I suspect the Movicol will be needed as well. I have had not bad but annoying colicky discomfort for 2 or 3 days now. I think it may be the chocolate setting it off. There may JUST be a lesson for me there.

Anyway I will do my best to stick to Paul's golden rules - and try not to use 'eat when you are hungry' as an excuse to snack.

Today Steve wants me to take him shopping for kitchen stuff so we are going to a specilaist kitchenware shop in Solihul. I've decided to treat myself as well to a new wok, Tony would like a smoothie maker, and I may buy some other gadgets if they take my fancy. I have discivered you really can cook well if you have the right tools. So I am really looking forweard to that. I pick him up in a couple of hours :-)

Being out will make it easier to avoid temptation with food. There is no doubt I do FAR better with the rules when I am at work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its a word now lol

I enjoy cooking more when I have new things. hope you had fun shopping