Sunday 26 April 2009

Self image

Yesterday was a very VERY bad food day. But I did get an amazing boost to my self esteem = and the possibility of an interesting new option that could continue to boost my self esteem.

I went on a ghost hunt last night and ended up having an amazing conversation with one of the mediums. I am an open minded sceptic about things paranormal. I have seen something I have to describe as a 'ghost' but dont feel I have sufficient knowledge to say what a 'ghost' is. I believe in psychic powers and mediumship - but don't assume they are talking to the dead. I am also very aware of how such things can be faked in the right circumstances. Last night I was priviledged to witness an improptu reading, during a break in the main activity of the night, that was not being staged for anyone's benefit. And it was obvious from the reactions of the person receving the information that the information was spot on. The person receiving the reading had not sought one - and the medium was not gaining anything by giving it. It was totally spontaneous. Then a few minutes later I was in a private converstaion with the medium (who sought me out) and she gave me some very uncanny insights some of which could have been deduced by a clever 'cold reader' but some of which could not - and I know no-one else at the event knew the information she gave me.

I have always been fascinated by the paranormal and psychic powers. I have always wished I had some sort of power. It woudl make me feel a bit special. The medium beleives everyone has a 6th sense - and that anyone can train themselves to use it. So I am going to try since the one ability I have that could be psychic in origin (empathy) is something I would like to develop for all sorts of reasons.

Paul's programmes are underpinned by a very subtle spirituality . His core message in all his programmes is know yourself, love yourself - because until your love yourself you can't love anyone else or really achieve anything becasue all your time is spent trying to change yourself. OK in the weight programme you are trying to change something very fundamental about yourself - but part of that change is learning to love and apprecate yourself AS YOU ARE. Its all about changing your perceptions. You are not a fat failure - you are a unique human being who has something special to offer the world.But knowing and understanding yourself are at the core of all the major religions. I suppressed my spiritual side for years. I now cultivate it and I know I do best when I am in tune with the spiritual needs. Training my sixth sense is well in accordnace with that.

I am excited even though I have a horrible feeling that when I do the bosy test in a few minutes I will not be receiving good news.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this entry is so exciting and I can't believe you said that you experiences some insights from the medium but then didn't elaborate...feel free to share LOL

I have had moments of intuition but I rarely trust my own judgement and don't realise till later that I was right in what I was thinking (oh...does that make sense?) I would love to know how to train myself to use my 6th sense

I hope the body test went well

Sally said...

I didn't do it in the end. Sheer cowardice I know. Plus I was so tired I could hadly stand never mind balance!!

The medium shook me. I had watched her give an unsolicited reading to someone else and was dead jealous. A little later she sought me out and I was up front about the fact that having had a bad year last year I would give my eye teeth for a reading - then we got onto discussing whether psychic ability could be trained, and how much I would like to do that. Then she suddenly said there was an Easter connection for me - and I immediately thought of my ex-husbands funeral on Maunday Thursday last year. then she said how I felt weighed down with repsonsibility (true) and felt I had failed my son (again true) then she said that there hadn't been many people at the funeral(again true in my opinion) then she suddenly stared talking about our dog and cooly stated that she was an alsation (well she was a cross but looked like an alsation ) and she shook paws with her left paw. Now all the other stuff could have deduced or just guessed but not the stuff about the dog - or the Easter connection.

Sally said...

Back to the main reason for the blog. I am very tired and have had another very bad food day.I have decided to follow your advice and listen to the woeght loss track tonight. it should help me sleep and hopefully get me back on the right track with the weight loss programme

Anonymous said...

wow isn't it amazing how people have that gift. I am always jealous of them LOL

I took my own advice and did the CD last night too :)