Wednesday 8 April 2009

A nice surprise

This morning for the first time in weeks I needed the alarm to wake me up. I slept really well. I woke twice but managed to get back to sleep both times and (drum roll please) I didn't get up to the toilet during the night.

So something is going right - even if I don't have a clue what.

One fly in the ointment is my back ios fefinitely not happy. I did an island lap yetserday and I don;t think it liked it on top of a day at work.

Food wasn't a runaway success yesterday. Not a disaster but not as good as I would have liked. I certainly ate when I was hungry, but I didn't always wait until I WAS hungry to eat. And I didn't eat as slowly as I know I should have done. I think the problem with the slow eating is that at the moment I seem to be in a rush all the time - and it is difficult to suddenly think 'slow' when you have been thinking 'rush'

I always knew this was going to be a problem. This week it is harder becasue the deprtment is busier. In fact I may have to work more than my planned 24 hours this week (Friday is a bank holiday) I am happy to stay after 3.30 as long as I know I will get paid - and as long as it isn't regular. Once or twice a week at absolute maximum.

I hope food goes better today. I think it might becasue I can tell I won't finish my breakfast .But I was hungry when I started it. So I must take plenty of 'finger food' with me today!

Really looking forward to tonight. Steve will be with us. And I think he will crash out here so he can get some serious work done on the house. Also Rob is coming round and we are going to watch 'Wrestlemania'

I have realised I love having guests round. Though I won;t be cooking for Rob he is on an ultra low calrie diet under the supervision of a dietician and a doctor and is mainly haveingdrink replacements. But it is only until June and he is suppmeneting it with ordinary food as directed by the dietician. Fior health freasons he needs to lose weight - and I have to say it is working and he says he is feeling the benefits. He has slimmed down visibly in the last month. I am a little jealous - but not tempted to abandon Paul's system because mine isn't just about weight loss - and the Cambridge diet wouldn't fit in with that at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great that you had a good nights sleep

Sally said...

And I didn;t use the trance CD either. Shame it all fell apart lasy night again - but although I woke regularly, I got back to sleep each time.