Friday 3 April 2009

The effects of sleeplesness

I really haven't slept well the past couple of nights. I found myself listening to the trance CD twice. Once when I went ot bed and once at about 3.00 am. I think I need to really study Paul's sleep programme again . I was relying just on the trance CD - but I clearly need the rules and excercises as well. I am sure that in time I will find the key to sleep rules - just as I found the key to food rules. I feel sluggish this morning, unable to rush. Sadly at the moment I need a little bit of 'rushability'. It is the one thing I have found lacking as I get older, and I need to think about how to deal with the situation. So that is my next priority.

As for the rest well.......................

My first thought on waking up (after feeding the cats) is no longer 'What do I want for breakfast?' but ;'do I want breakfast before I do my workout?'

I enjoyed meeting Julie yesterday for lunch. All I had was a baked potato . I admit I did eat all of it. But I didn't have cake or fruit or anything else with it. But I did have a fromage frais while I was with Edna.

I am not going to be walking to work today so I won't acheive my goal of walking at least one day every week. Walking when I have to carry Edna's clothes isn't the best idea. I also feel too tired to try the walk .What I have learned from this is that I need to pay more attention to my sleep so I feel more energized. So this is NOT a failure. I have learned soemthing my not reaching my goal. Hopefully Edna will be discharged over the weekend so I can plan my life a bit better and I will be able to walk twoce next week - but I will be happy if I manage to walk once.

The end of my second week at work seems like a good time to do a quick review about that I heave learned about myself (and food) over the past 2 weeks so here goes.

I need to work intellectually
At the moment 30 hours a week is all I can manage
I can maage to eat when I am hungry while at work
I must pay more attention to feelings and really eat what I want. especially in the evenings.
I really enjoy cooking and find it very therapeutic

One thing I have learned about excercise is that the workout really does help my back and knees. I am much MUCH less creaky than I was.

So although the week hasn't quite gone the way I wanted it, I am ending on an upbteat note

No comments: