Monday 27 April 2009

At least I'm trying

Well last night for the first time in weeks I listened to Paul's weight loss tape. Anf this morning I plucked up my courage to do the body test. I really cocked up the athletic ability test so I'm ignoring my new Wiifit age of 66. But my weight is 1 lb down. 1lb in a month isnt brilliant - but at least its moving in the right direction. With the way I havent been following Paul's rules I guess that is some sort of triumph. How much would I have lost if I hadnt given into the urge to eat biscuits?

OK so I can now start again How many times have I tried to restart? I am beggining to feel like a broken record. I need to find a way to break the viscious circle I seem to be in.

One of the things the medium said to me was that I have a terrific weight on my shoulders. I forget her exact words (I wish I could remember) but I remember the sense . She visiualised me being pushed down by this weight across both shoulders. That certainbly describes very accurately how I feel about things - mainly Edna. But is that real or is it made worse by my poor self image? I managed to cure myself of depression 3 years ago by doing excercises to help my self image. I came off anti-depressant less than 6 months after doing 'Change your life in 7 days' And that was after 10 years on and off the drugs.

No-one can get me out of this pit I am except me. I need to find the way out. I did it before - and I willl do it again.

I will start by admitting that to have lost ANY wieght over the last month is pretty damn remarkable and shows I have been doing something right. Thats 6 1lbs in 12 weeks. OK I will never be slimmer of the year - but I wasnt aming to be. I put the weight on slowly - probably half a pund a week. There is nothing wrong with taking it off slowly.

And all the other issues in my life? Well I suspoect I will cope better once I've got the correct perspective on things - including me.

So let me make a plan for today to keep myself focussed. I need to pay 2 bills, make a phonecall and go and do some painting at Steve's house. I need to go to Edna's to get the one bill (its for her) but that isnt a very difficult programeme for today - and it will acheive a lot.

I need to acheive things to feel good abut myself. I wonder what that says about me? Answers on a psotcard please to....... or as a comment on the blog!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sally I have been starting and re-starting since 2006 but I still feel like I have made some progress. It's better to start and restart rather diet ourselves heavier.

You deal with a lot yet you still find ways to work on being positive - I think that is inspiring

Sally said...

Thanks Sharon . 6lbs lost is 6lbs lost however long it took me. As you say better than 6lbs put on!

I've never been called inspiring before! It means a lot