Thursday 9 April 2009

An ouch sort of day

I am creaking this morning in a BIG way, My jnees are very painful and my back is worse than it was yesterday. This is very disappointing I didn't do any aerobics last night but did make a start on removing the curtain rail into the extension at Steve's. That involved a lot of reaching up. I guess this is a bit of a wake up call that my back has definite limits. I have no doubt the walking I have been doing at tthe hospital is a factor.

I feel thoroughly 'blah' this morning if I'm honest. I ache, I have stomach cramps, and I didn't sleep very well last night. I am seriously wondering if I will stay on at QE if they offer more work after next week. I think a lot will depend on where it is and how much walking it involves. This dispensary has also been dreadful - but I musn't judge it just by this week. Bank holiday weeks are always hellish.

But with Edna going home next week, I will have a chnace to guage how much I am gling to be involved with her. If I need to go over every day, several short days could be the best option. If I only have to go over once or twice a week, 4 longer days with days off could be better. Choices choices

Food wasn't TOO bad yesterday. I was offerred a biscuit yesterday morning. I accepted and without thinking only took one. The old me would have taken two - but I didn't even consider that. On auto pilot I took one and ate it slowly. I have changed, my retaionship with food has changed. It needs to change a bit more - I know that but I've come a long way.

There I go with the 'journey' motif again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you think it's from being ill or just worn out? I hope you feel better soon.