Monday 13 April 2009

Breaking the rules

I have to be honest and admit I do break Paul's rules probably more often than I own up to. The two hardest are slow eating and not eating unless you are TRULY hungry. Its the second one that worries me most. There is no doubt this one is easier to keep when I am at work. Its all fallen apart over the holiday.

I haven't HUGE amounts - but I know I have esnacked more. I donlt think I've done so much damage I will have put weight on - but I have no doubt it will have slowed my rate of weight loss. This morning the Wii asked me what I thought my wieght was. I deliberately put in 2lbs under what I think I weigh. It still told me I was almost spot on - but thats the answer I always get. I don;t know how far out you have to be before it tells you you are wrong. Certainly more than 5lbs I would guess. Probably about 7 lbs. So I don't know if I can be reassured by that answer or not.

But I shouldn't fixate on a figure. I need to focus on my overall health. The one rule I DO stick to is 'move your body' I know I am doing well on that. I do worry about increased ahces and pains. My back and knees have both been very creaky recently - but that is only temporary. And I know losing weight will help both problems a lot. Can a look forward to pain free knees if I lose enough weight? Trust me THAT is a motivation to keep me going with my programme. Imagining that is more powerful than imagining a slimmer me. I must focus on that.

I do better with eating slowly when I make more of a ceremony of my food. Maybe I need to suggest more meals at the table rather than in front of the TV?

I also do far better at the beggining of the day than towards the end. Tiredness is a factor I think. I need to find ways to counteract that.

So here I am at the beggining of the week, At the beggining of a new season since spring is now settled in. We have turned off the central heating, These are all otivating factors to keep me on track with keeping the rules more often than I break them,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to work on the slow eating and not eating in front of the pc

Mathew is now the same weight as I am and this was causing me to feel really bad about myself and binge eat.