Tuesday 10 November 2009

Hmm I know but...............

A light supper, a good night's sleep and a fine morning have often made a hero of the same man, who, by indigestion, a restless night and a rainy morning would have proved a coward.

I know how important sleep is - but the bottom line is I don't sleep as well as I would like. I am an inveterate early riser who finds it impossible to sleep after 6.30 most of the time. I have Paul's I can make you sleep - and it still doesn't help.

Anyway despite a broken night last night I feel OK this morning. I have exercised. Most of it wasn't counted by the wii fit because I had to end one exercise before I finished. But I still know I've done it. And I have still used the calories up!

Food went OK until 10.00ish last night when the snack gremlin jumped into the works . I didn't even really enjoy the crisps. How barmy is that? Why did I eat them? I am my own worst enemy sometimes

I did drink a lot yesterday. I got through a litre of water at work. It was quite qarm and I had to keep swigging. This morning I have had 300ml of water, 300ml of apple juice and 400ml of coffee. That's more in the hour since I've been up than I used to drink in a whole day at one point. I guess that is one habit I can tick and say I am past the tipping point.

I probably didn't eat my lunch yesterday as slowly as I could have done. But I was hungry - and I only have a 30 minute lunch break.

I am beginning to think quite hard about whether I want to stay at RHH. It has an unhappy atmosphere at the moment and I don't know why. Also daft as it sounds I don't feel really welcome there any more. I don't really feel valued. Locums are being excluded from the flu vaccination programme. How stupid is that. if they need locums surely they want us to stay healthy? As with everything else I will give it until the New Year to decide. Maybe the decision will be taken away from me by circumstances.

I honestly think its only the knowledge that I only have to work 2 more days that is keeping me going this week. I do need this holiday. I suspect everythig will look very different when I have had a good break.

No comments: