Friday 27 November 2009

Feeling tired

You cannot hope to build a better world without improving individuals.

The past few days at work I have been very frustrated by the way the junior pharmacists manage things when they are in charge. This quote has made me wonder if there is some way I can help them improve the way they do things without being confrontational about it. Trouble is one of them gives me the impression that as a locum I am lwoest of the low - just a pawn to be shuffled about. Well today at wotk I will keep this quote in mind and take any chance I see to improve their management skills!

I am demotivated this morning. Can't find the energy to turn the wii fit on so I am sitting here typing this and chatting on MSN. I have eaten a small breakfast fairly slowly - but will almost certainly eat again before I go out.

Yesterday food went OK. At one point in the evening I knew I wanted something but instead of hitting the biscuit barrel thought about what I wanted - and did us both some buttered malt loaf. It was much more satisfying than the biscuits would have been. It has taken a long time but finally I am beginning to experience what eating what you want really does. Better late than never.

I am very tired at the moment and I am not sure why. It could be that I am doing too much. It could be I am a little anaemic. It could be all in the mind. It could be a combination of all those and maybe other factors as well. Tiredness is as much in the mind as it is in the body. I suspect part of it is lack of daylight. Since the holiday I have seen very little daylight because there is no natural light at work. I may try to get out of the department at lunchtime just to get some daylight today. I may also decide to treat myself to lunch from the coffee shop.

I need to go out twice over the weekend. Once tonight to the game - and tomorrow is the psychic circle. At the moment I only feel I have energy for one - and I know its the circle I really want to go to - but I can't duck out of the game without causing chaos. I am really REALLY hoping that it gets called off without me doing me anything. But my instincts are telling me a lot of my lethargy is in my mind not my body. So maybe going to both will be the best thing. I am not sure - but I am sure if I relax and open up my instincts will guide me - the way they guide me to the right food. Now there's a thought. That could be at the bottom of my current failure to lose weight - that I am not really listening to my body and my instincts yet about WHAT to eat. Food for thoght indeed!

No comments: