Thursday 5 November 2009

For a moment today, don't worry about being better. Just be.

'For a moment today, don't worry about being better. Just be.'

It was just the last line in the daily reflection that made me go 'thats good' In the context of the journey towards a healthier body and lifestyle, 'just being' is important. 'Just being' accepts that you have your place in the world as you are now. 'Just being' enables you to enjoy where you are NOW. 'Just being' gives you the chance to celebrate the good NOW.

The journey to a healthy body is liely to be long and tricky. If you can't enjoy the journey you will give up. 'Just being' may just keep you travelling in the right direction.

I havny done a proper workout this morning. I have played around with the Wii fit plus - but did NOT do a body test as it didn't insist I did. Am I a coward? The new exercises look good and mayb be good for the mind as well as the body. Jogging plus asks you questions about what you saw along the way. I am looking forward to customising a routine that utilises the new and old exercises.

Food wasn't too bad at all yesterday. But I did some snacking in the evening. I really do need to apply the CYLI7D lessons to my eating habits and work out how I can improve things. I am sure getting my lunch right is a key factor. So that means no more cheap bread - I dont enjoy it when I eat it in a sandwich.Really it means just crusty bread - REAL bread. OK it costs about twice as much as the basic sliced bread but I am never going to get anywhere with Paul's progarmme if I dont eat what I REALLY want.

Doing a beyond choc tune in physically I am aware of very niggly IBS discomfort. Emotionally I am motivated at the moment. Thought or question is what will today be like at work?

Work has been dreadful and I think I worked out why yesterday. Monday and Tuesday when I got in the work was out of control and we seemed to be firefighting all day. Yetsreday it was quite calm when I got in but got in the afternoon. The common factor was that it started to go out of control when the other pharmacists on with me where the newly qualified ones. Yesterday Bab asked my advice about a porblem and I said. ' If I was processing that prerscription I would just let it go' She then spent another 10 minutes tryig to get some more information and then did what I had suggested anyway!! 10 minutes wasted. Mutliply that by 3 for the number of pharmacists and mutliply by it LOTS for the number of prescriptions - and that is a LOT of time wasted. OK it wont always be 10 minutes it may only be 1 or 2 minutes but it still adds up.



No comments: