Saturday 21 February 2009

Whats going well?

I did the Wii body age thing today. The good news is my body age has dropped a year to 46. The better news is I have lost wieght. OK 2 lbs over slightly more than 2 weeks isn't excatly going to make me slimer of the year. But then I'm not AIMING to be slimmer of the year. I'm trying to improve my general health.

But the better news is I've done it almost without realising it. Biscuits have occasionally been eaten. Even 1 packet of crisps got consumed. I have enjoyed the box of Thorntons chclates I got given as part of my reitrement present. 1 or at most 2 chocaltes in any day. The box is still more than jalf full and Tony has been helping me eat them. And the Wii fit has made the 'ove your body' part so much fun!

I've decides I need to go back to basics with Pauls prgramme beasue there are two things I know I need to imrove on. I need to slow down my eatung again, and I need to drink more water. Both have slipped over the past week - and however excusable it is given the events that have happened, my loosing control of my health isn;t going to help ANYONE.

I am hapy to report I ate my breafast very slowly and couldn't finish it. I've also drunk a mug of water after the mug of coffee.

The rest of my life seems totally out of control. I don't have a clue how best to handle Edna at the moment. We have no downstairs toilet for the weekend because Jim won't be back until Monday. I am still nervous that Martin is going to try and contact us. I still don't have definite work for March.

But me binging out on biscuits or crisps isn't going to change any of these things - and will under ine my self confidence to deal with the problems. Martin has severly dented my self confidence and it is something I need to deal with asap becasue I will need all my self belief to cope with Edna - who can at times be like a child.

I am now more than ever convimced retiring was the right thing to do. I have faith that I was meant to retire and that a major opportunity is going to come my way as a result of that. I also have faith that I won't be asked to cope with more than I am capable of.

2 comments:

Sally said...

I must remember a pound a week works out at nearly 4 stone over a year. How pleased would I be if THAT happened??

Anonymous said...

that is a great loss - well done Sally.

I am struggling with the eating slow too, and have gone back to eating b'fast in front of the pc.

I am sorry things feel out of control. I am not sure who martin is but I have a few more entries to read....