Monday 23 February 2009

Positively bouncy

I feel quite Tiggerish this morning. The Sleep trance is very different to the others I have listened to - but I do wish I didn't listen to t rhough headhones which I then have to take out. I did sleep better last night. Not unbroken by ANY means but was able to get back to sleep when I woke. I a uo a bit earliee than usual (as per the advice given in the book) whihc doea mean I am looking at a busy day and NOT thinking 'How will I get everything done'

I was reminded in the sleep book about the information tat on average a slim person talks about 2500 more steps a day than an overweight one. That puts my 'free step' nto erspective since I normally do the 20 minute version and rack up close to 2000. I have always felt excercise was the key to my loss. My diet (even if I don't always follow Paul's rules to the letter) isn't to bad. I guess as a pharmacist I know all the rules for healthy eating. I enjoy fruit and vegetables, I love cooking especially in my new kitchenand I don't eat lots of cake and pastry - becasue I don;t cook or buy them. It was the excercise but that was missing - although I did start tryig to do something about that when I was diagnosed with hypertension.

Although it is tempting to think 'If I cut back on my food intake I would lose weight a lot faster' I know that would be counterproductive because I do know that your metabolic rate DOES slow down as you eat less. I was also told back in the 70's by a researcher who had worked on it, that a simple way to lose weight was simply to spread out what you eat into several smaller meals instead of 3 large ones. 'Eat when you are hungry' does that naturally. I wil do my best to kee my biscut intake down, and I am still glad I don't really fancy crisps any more - but I am eating a Thornton's chocolate a day and not feeling guilty.

I do think have to readjust my excercise schedule to fit in the step aeobics later in the day. I also have to work out how to fit it in round work.

Today is Edna's birthday and I am not sure how she will feel about it. I am going to get her a bouquet from the 3 of us -but not put anything on the card about her birthday. I am dreadiing seeing her if I am honest.

We also have the game tonght and have to tell Mark and Richard that Martin is no longer part of the game and a brief reason why. But I have no intention of telling them what he was arrested for. He is innocent until proved guilty.

Anyway I think it is time to stop writing about what I have to do and get on and DO it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't Edna like her birthday? the flowers is a lovely idea.

I do a lot of grazing when I eat intuitively. I have never been a 3 meals a day person anyway. I get hungry hour or two.

Sally said...

Her birthday reminds her that she is getting older. At the moment her birthday (23rd Feb) also reminds her the my birthday (1st March)is aproaching, and that in turn means the first aniversary of her sons death (4th March) is rapidly aproaching.She is uppressing the memory I think