Wednesday 4 February 2009

The snack and me!!

I've just re-read yesterdays entry. 'Where it went from here' was downhill. I was out and about at midday so of course I ended up snacking on the run.

What I SHOULD have done was take time to have a proper snack (if there is such a thing!) like a sandwich or even a baked potato before I went out. So why didn't I? The timetable was self imposed so I only had to go out once. So I looked at doors, did the shopping and visitied Edna all in one trip. But I didn't HAVE to get the hospital at the start of visiting time. That was my choice so I could get home sooner. I sabotage myself when I make these sorts of decisions.

Why do I enjoy snacks? Well it should be obvious why I enjoyed the chocolate coated cereal bars(small ones) that I ate while driving to stave off hunger pangs. They didn't work very well either. What I didn't do was drink. In fact I didn't do well with water either yesterday and again it all fell apart because I was rushing about. I need to get into the habit of habit of having water with me at all times.

I still have a mindset that says 'keep busy in the day and you won;t want to eat so you can then eat more in the evening when you are relaxed' I have GOT to deal with that.

So I have just had my normal yummy breakfast (and I had water before I ate) I will have more water, another coffee and possibly some toast to finish. I am sitting here feeling peckish still.

I will do my workout (OK mini excercise routine but it gets my heart rate over a 100 so by definition it is cardio) then lan my day to INCLUDE eating a drinking when I need to. I not only NEED to eat and drink I DESERVE TO EAT AND DRINK and I love myself enough to enable me to do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You seem so much more with it than I am with this program at the moment.