Wednesday 4 April 2012

It worked

Yesterday went much better than Monday. Work was much better, I didn't nibble at snacks but was satisfied with the other half of my lunch form Monday. I made a DPD entry, I did some self healing when I came home - and to put the icing on the cake Tony has two private clients for readings on Thursday evening. Woohoo. So what do I want write on the blank slate that is today. Well I am going to the hospice. They rang while I was self healing (I didn't hear the phone go so I must have been deep) and Tony told them I was going so obviously I am meant to go - and that means I will be doing something useful. There will be no nibbles and the lunch is always healthy there so that is the start of a healthy eating day - although as I type this I am eating the waffles I have just toasted for breakfast. But I really fancies something crispy - and with no fromage frais in the fridge, cereal would be rather soggy. memo to self - get some fromage frais. I need to show respect today for the hospice and its rules - which do irk me a lot. Jean is a lovely lady - but is asked to do too much for the complementary therapy side of things. She needs support. But then I need to support her by remembering how hard she does work. I know she sometimes takes my comments as being critical of her - and I must remember that. Engage brain before operating mouth. So I must not worry about what will happen today and mustn't get angry about the way the hospice works. I must be hard working with my patients, and have compassion for them. But I must also have compassion on me and not let myself become over committed. I always feel humble and grateful that I have been led to reiki and can help these patients so directly. I need to respect my place in the hospice team - and be supportive of the other members. I am still uncomfortable about what may happen today. But is that a real feeling that I need to act on - or just me being negative? being negative doesn't help. Today what I write the slate that is Marie Curie will define what goes on future slates. I need some positive thinking and visualisation. I am coming to realise that living the reiki principles is rather like clinical governance. It isn't something you do, it is something that is built in. I remain convinced that building them in will enable me to live the life I am meant to lead - and that will include dealing with my weight issues.

No comments: