Saturday 31 January 2009

Review of progress

Pauls diary encourages a review every 14 days whihc I haven't done. However better late than never. Also I am now making the big transition to part time work . EDna is going home on Tuesday so I will aslo start to find out the extent of my carer role. So reveowing what I have learned so far could be critical to making sure I don't slip back in the inevitably confusing days ahead.

Did you eat what you wanted?
On the whole yes. I'm eating normal food. Lunctimes are still a problem

Did you eat when you were hungry?
Alwats try to do this - but when you are stuck in the dispensary and can't get away for a break when you are hungry its a bit if a problem

Did you eat conciously?
I'm really trying on this - even chocolate biscuits and crisps are being eaten slowly and consciuosly
Dd you stop when you were full?

This is still a problem as I've still got emotional hunger. And I haven't yet tried the taping technique to hel deal with this

Dif you drink water?

Not as much as I should but I know it helps in all sorts of ways - and my bladder problems ARE better when I drink more water. I should be doing better on this than I am.

Did you move your body?

Really tried on this one. I do always have a bit of a walk from the car to work so the answer is always 'yes' but not as much movement as I would like. I need to kee the workouts going,

Did you do the mirror excercise?
Not conciously no - but I always liek what I see when I look in the mirror

Did you listen to the hypnosis CD?

Haven't listened to this for ages mainly becasue I am so tired when I go to bed.

One interseting thing I have realised is that I always used to 'save up' my eating for the evenings. The idea was I was distracted by work during the day so felt less hungry. I could keep my calorie intake down during the day to enable me to induldge in the evening. I now thing I do better with keeping my overall intake down if I eat a bigger lumch and smaller dinner. That can still be fitted in with cooking a main meal for Tony in the evenings because I will just do myself a much smaller portion.

I am not going to step on the scales. Is that fear? Probably. But it is also recognition that I robably haven't done enough to have a major impact yet. As long as I am losing weight it doesn't matter if I only lose half a pound a month. This is a marathon not a sprint. I will wiegh myself 90 days from when I re-started this journal. 8th of April.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sally I have weighed in and have lost some weight but notice that weighing for me increased my not eating according to the golden rules...even when I have a loss... so I have decided that I might weigh again on the day I travel for the marathon...or i might not. I like "feeling" slimmer and don't need the numbers to prove it to myself