Thursday 8 January 2009

How time flies

Nearly 3 months since my last post. In the intervening period, Edna has been in hosital twice (and is still in hosital now) I got signed off sick again but am now back at work. The boys moved, Steve decided he was going to live in No 6 when it is renovated, Christmas happened, twothousand and hate finally ended.

The good things are I've had my money from Mum's estate so I can have a new kitchen fitted at 36. Since I've lost track of what I have made entries about, Steve ordered a new kitchen for no 6 and the ofer was so good, I decided to hell with it and orered a new for here - fitting and payment defferred until I was better (and had the money)

Originally the money was to have been from my retirment pot. However although I finally got my retireiment sorted out I don't retire until 1st March . However it IS sorted out, and I am in the final countdown to leaving the hosital. I have so much leave accrued I am taking the whole of February off!!

I am still managing to take a positive view of things - just. Psycholigically the end of 2008 was a huge help. But it doesn't take much to get me very stressed and I know I've got to manage that better - which is why I have turned to this blog again I supose.

Later on I will read the old entries and fill in the gas in the story - it will hel me sort things out i my head.

I don't feel I am managing the changes very well at the moment. My eating is out of control but I am making ositive efforts to get it back under control. I can look at my situation and give myself a pat on the back and say if a bit of weight gain has been my main resonse to the disasters of the past year I've done well.

I need to get 3 things sorted out

My weight
CPD
A new job .

One external factor that has chnaged a lot since my last entry has been the global economic downturn and crdeit crunch so a job may be harder to find than I thought , and together with other peole we may have to tighten our belts a little - but we have not been hit with massive mortgage rises (10 year fixed rate oh yes!) and I will soon be able to a off all my credit cards and other loans. I feel no comunction to save at the moment because interest rates are down to 2% and likely to drop even lower so paying off all the loans and cards (even Tony's card) makes massive sense if our income is going to drop.

I feel better for having been discilined enough to make an entry here.

No comments: