Monday 26 January 2009

An interesting break

Between the chaos of having the kitchen fitted and the excitment of going to York for the ghost hunt Saruray night, normal eating has been almost impossible since Wednesday. Takeaways, microwave food, cafe food and late night nibbles have all been around. But The slow eating really ia becoming a habit.

I also ended up thinking about the value of Paul's whole programme when I discovered at work is using thr Slimfast system. We discussed the different foods we like and when she said she enjoyed creamy mash I started thinking about the importance of taste and texture. I can't see a way to savour and chew mash slowly. Sam discussed how she was aiming to make a ceremony out of preparing the shakes from the powder. It all re-inforced the social and ceremonial aspect of food in my mind. I hope Sam succeeds this time .

I can't blog without mentioning the unfortunate incident at Leeds station on Sunday morning. It was 6.30 am I had anothet hour to wait for my train, I was very tired havig been awake all night so I decided to see if any food outlets were open. The only one open was MacDonalds which I normally hate but beggars can't be choosers. As I was heading to the place 2 louts yelled out (behind my back) that I was a fat b******d and shouldn't be going to McDonalds. It did upset me but I don't care anything for the opinions of two drunken imbeciles.

I ddn't fancy of the food options ,(I'd already been in once to see what they had left to think about it) and settled for a cappucino for warmth comfort and caffeine. The louts had gone by the time I left.

Today I will start putting stuff in my brand new kitchen cuoboards. Also Edna has her home visit today as a first step to being discharged. I also only have another week to work before my mont off leading to retirment. This should be a good week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry Sally. I am glad it didn't upset you. I had a comment yelled out to me like that many years ago and I still remember how hurt I felt (almost 20 years later)

I thought I liked McDonalds until I gave up dieting...it's another of those foods that I realise only tasted good because it was "forbidden"