Sunday 18 January 2009

Practice makes perfect

The goal of Paul's weight loss programe is to change your relatinship with food, and change your relationship with yourself. But these are fundamental changes which take time and PRACTICE. So 'success' on a particular day isn't about how many of the boxes I feel I ticked, or how well I stuck to the golden rules, but did I PRACTICE sticking to the golden rules . By definition Im bound to 'fail' in the early stages. But if I keep on practicing every day eventually I will be doing it all easily.

So even though yesterday I did find myself snacking, I did eat everything (including the cheesy biscuits) slowly.

The main area where practice is paying off in a big way is my workout. I am uo to 50 stepus, 50 sidesteps and 300 'jogging' steps. And I am doing that twice a day. My heart rate gets above 100 when I do it so it is cardio excercise.

I suddenly feel very empowered by the thought that all I have to do is practice the golden rules. This is proably not unrelated to the fact that finally other aspects of my life are beggining to get sorted out.

Well I can't sit here all day and write - I have a workout to do :-)

2 comments:

Sally said...

Why did I use the word failure - even tho I mitigated the imPact by putting It in quotation marks. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FAILURE only learning opportunities. I think my comments show I have learned. I AM NOT A FAILURE

Anonymous said...

what a positive post! I love that your into the workouts and I feel the same way about the golden rules, I am going to keep at it and eventually it will come more naturally