Tuesday 13 January 2009

Help from another blogger

I just read Sharon's blog about 'Does it matter' and was reminded of some advice Isaw once. 'Frame every saw called disaster with the words 'In 10 years time will ths matter'

So although I feel yesterday was NOTa good day for me, its done and over and it doesn't matter. I now need to see what I can learn from it so things go better in future.

First thing is what do I WANT from Pauls weight loss programme? I want tobe healthier so my back and knees don't hurt so much. As pharmacist I know all the long term health risks of being overweight. I do NOT want to end u on the normal cocktail of Diuretic, statin, asirin , and osisbly Metformin. It isn't about looking good its about FEELING good.

There is a good scientific basis for the eating habits Paul is guiding us towards. It was proved back in the 70's that one easy weigh to lose weght was to split your current intake into 6 small meals rather 3 larger ones. So 'grazing' (eat when you are hungry) is a good idea. But it is so difficult to fit into a working day. It will be easier when I am not working at the hospital. Roll on retirment

Mr Motivator is the TV as I tye this and I am highly amused to see he is leading his class througha quick routine like the one I have dveised for myself. - and for about te same time. Excercise is a vital art of the equation - and I am giving myself a at on the back for devising that mini workout for myself..

Anyway I think the best thing I can do is sto talking and start doing. I feel motivated , in control and good about myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's the best thing about this system, if you have a bad day you just get back into it so easily - there is not diet to quit as your no longer dieting.

Hope you have a great positive day