Sunday 11 January 2009

A windy sunday night

Its nearly midnight - who can sleep when MHL is on - and its very windy. Today has been a mixed day. I weighed myself an I haven't put weight on over Xmas. 14st 10.5 lbs. I was sure I would be over 15st. So that was good.

I've arranged for the litchen to be fitted, paid Edna's rent, cleared mouldy food out of her flat, done some laundry and picke up post and treats for her. I dropped them off at West heath for her. She was alseep so I decided NOT to wake her. Adam one of the nurses? auxilaries? said he'd tell her what was going on.

Food has been a disaster today, I haven't drunk water but I dd have the energy to do part of my little work out. But my cold is awful and I feel dire.

I have done a lot of thinking about the future and I have decided that I can't rule out the possibility of having a significant carer role for Edna after I retire. I will have to see what financial arrangments can be made. I can't ignore her needs.

I am approaching a major life change when I retire and this blog is about helping me manage the changes as well as managing my weight. I managed to be more constructive today than I thought this morning so I do feel pleased. I am not going to beat myself up about the food disaster (mainly tortilla chips but some chocolate as well) Tommorrow is another day and I can practice the golden rules again.

No comments: