Thursday 15 January 2009

Move your body

As I write this I am slightly breathless from my minin workout routine. I devised a little routine based on the excercises used in my sinla rehab class. I use a kick stool (not one with wheels!) and I am u to 30 ste ups normal, 30 steps across sideways and 200 stes running (or walking) on the spot. It took me 5 minutes.

One of the items on Pauls checlist is 'move your body' and he emhasises that it doesn't have to mean joining a gym or anything like that (and certainly not marathon training!) Its just trying to put more movement into your day. I used to walk to work. Since that is not an option at the moment due to time constraints, my routine is at least better than nothing. And that guy Paul had on hos show said all he did was go for short walks a couple of times a week. So I know my 'workout' will help. It certainly left me breathless. Becasue I know the health messages I know I'm not doing anough at the moment but I reckon I can get it up to two 10 minute sessions morning and evening and then I will be close to the reccomended level.

So I think I've got that bit of the rgramme cracked. I am concentrating on eating slowly, but I don't think I've got the 'eating what you want' bit sorted yet which is weird. I feel I am still using that as an excuse to snack - mind you watching Most Haunted Live is not good for avoiding snacks so I may do better when the live is over!!

One thing I am doing better at is drinking water. I've ha 2 glasses this morning afer te workout and I had a bottle of water with me in the disensary at work yesterday. Drinking water will hel me manage my bladder roblems as well (oh the delights of being post menopausal.

I am setting myself the goal of losing a stone in 3 months.

All in all I am feeling positive today

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL some of us are mad enough to enjoy the pain of marathon training ;)

That is great that you have found something you enjoy that means moving.

I think I have the rules sorted .... until the evening when I seem to over eat and can't really understand what the trigger is. I am working on it...