Monday 12 January 2009

A we Monday morning

My mood is as miserable as the weather. I can't shake off ths cold and I feel very lethargic. I've decided not to go to work. It is very difficult to motivate myself to go in when I am so close to leaving completely. I know I'll take a fnancial hit from taking sick leave but time IS more imortant to me than money at the moment.

I am becoming more and more convinced that staying on as a locum at the hospital would be te worst ossible option for me. I need to make a new start after the dire events of last year, and that means a total break for a while.

Is making a new start vital for me to lose weight or is losing weight a vital art of the new start? I honestly don't know. I am trying REALLY trying to stick to the golden rules. But this morning I have had breakfast and I am sitting here feeling that gnawing hunger that I know is emotional not real. I am wondering if I can really get to grips with the emotional aspects while things are so uncertain as regards Edna and work. Or am I using that as an excuse? In my defence if I give in to 'emotional' eating right now, it will probably be something relatively healthy (fruit, cereal wholemeal toast) and not chocolate or crisps or biscuits. But my first move will be to drink LOTS of water and then have a cup of decaf coffee when I will review how I feel. A bath may be on the agenda as well - nice and relaxing and I can listne to one of Pauls tapes to hel me relax.

I know from past exerience that I get stressed by feeling that things are out of control. I de-stress by finding ways to take control. So taking control of food should de-stress me. I will end on that positive note - and go and get myself a LARGE glass of water

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sally, how do you find the tapping technique. I have started using it lately for emotional hunger. It's a work in progress but quite a few times it has worked well for me

Sally said...

Thats useful. I've not used it mainly because I know it has a rtaher dubious scientific basis. However I will try it. After all the worst thing that can haen is it does nothing. Thanks Sharon