Saturday 10 January 2009

What is the programme about

A lot of what is in the programme and what I have seen of the TV shows Paul has done do not really aly to me. I am NOT a yoyo dieter, I do NOT have a secret stash of anything, I do enjoy healthy food. My weakness is snacking with biscuits and cheese and biscuits, crisps and comfort eating when I will eat chocolate, or cakes.

As a pharmacist I also know the rules for healthy eating fruit and vegetables, fibre controling saturated fats etc. But I have always tended to eat very fast and eat large portions. the rogramme has heled me to slow down my eating and I do eat smaller portions.

The aim of the rogramme is to help us reduce out food intake and increase our level of excercise. I know if I can control my comfort eating and increase my excercise I will lose weight.

So how have I done with the golden rules today

I ate slowly and conciously (even the chocolates!) but I was too bust today to sto and eat when I was hungry, so I ate on the move - not good. But I ate fruit.

I have felt very hungry today but I know it is nervous hunger.

I did stop eating my dinner when I was full - but ddn;t mange too well the rest of the day.

I didn;t exactly eat what I wanted - but it sure wasn't diet food!!

I did wel with excecise. i walked to the hairdressers and back, and this evening I used the kick stool for some step excercises and then did some marching on the spot like I used to do in my spinal rehab class. So I did move my body

I didn't drink water

I didn;t do the mirror excecise - unless thee high I got when I saw how I looked after the hardresser had finished counts. But I loved myself enough to want to look good - so I id GO to teh hairdresser

I lsitend to the tae last night.

Not a total success in terms of tiking all the boxes - but still a sucess because . THe idea of the programme is to help us be in control of food - not the food in control of us. Stixking slavishly to thep rogramme doesn't hel unless you really understand what you are dong and understand yourself. I think I score highly there.

My goal tommorrow is to try not to snack................

No comments: