Thursday 18 March 2010

A small success!!!

This morning when I woke up I decided I needed to stop being a coward and do the body test on the wii fit. When I turned that bullying machine on it decided to ask me how much I weighed. I put in a figure I guesses would be too low - and got an encouraging.'Thats almost spot on' With that encouragement I did the test and it said I had lost 2lbs. I have broken the 14st barrier!!!!

OK 2lbs isnt a lot - but that small shift in the scale backs up comments I have had from other people and the way my clothes fit.

The real victory is that I have done it without feeling deprived of anything.

So something is working - probably the exercise. Now if only I can slow down my eating I should be on a roll.

I have set a new target of 1lb in 2 weeks. That is much slower than the traditional 2lbs or 1 Kg a week. But it is an achievable target for me. If I can do that for 26 weeks I will be a stone lighter. And my goal set in the new year was to end the year 7 lbs lighter.

The other reason for slow weight loss is my back. Slow weight loss gives my back time to adjust better so I will have fewer problems.

2 comments:

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

Congratulations on the weight loss. It's not about speed!

You are doing great!

Anonymous said...

well done !