Friday 19 March 2010

The amazing power of figures.....

That small but tangible loss I measured yesterday seems to have motivated me. Last night when I did my evening wii fit session (we have a separate TV so I am lucky enough to be able to do it while still being able to watch TV and a supportive partner who encourages my efforts) I actually did some jogging as well as the step aerobics. This morning because I know I will last home this evening I have done pure step aerobics rather than a mixture of aerobics with yoga and muscle exercises. And the good news is that so far my back isn't reacting.

Actually its not the figure itself - its the way it made me feel about myself. The human mind is the most amazing thing and can either be your best friend or your worst enemy. I think my biggest victory over the years has been to get my mind working FOR me rather than against me.

I am still very anxious about my work (or lack of work) situation for April. But I am doing everything I can to sell myself to the right people. And I am not comfort eating. I did have some ginger biscuits last night and a bedtime snack of cheese and biscuits - but I was hungry - and it was what I wanted.

I broke a significant barrier yesterday - the 14stone barrier. This time I am confident I will STAY this side of the barrier - and move further away from it

No comments: