Tuesday 30 March 2010

Mud mud glorious mud

I had a lousy nights sleep last night and this morning it was a real effort to get up when the alarm went off. But I decided I was going to throw on my tracksuit and trainers and go out even if I only did a 5 minute walk round the block. This is about getting into new habit more than exercise at this point. In the end I did a 20 minute walk to the park and round the lake. Apart from almost getting stuck in some deep mud at one point I enjoyed it.

But I ached when I woke up, and I still have that annoying ache in the back of my left ankle which I suspect is my achilles tendon objecting to something, so I didn't do any jogging at all.

Do I care? No. ANY exercise is good - and if I walk all 5K of the race for life I will still have done it and both the charity and I will benefit.

I haven't mentioned food lately. That is because I feel more or less in control of food. I am sticking to Paul's rules as well as I can. Some days its better than others. But as a result of those rules my portion sizes are naturally smaller, I am enjoying what I eat and don't feel deprived of anything I want.

I admit I am worried about what will happen while I am off work - but I have so much that needs to be done in the house and garden that I am sue I can replace the energy I use at work with energy used round the home. And if I keep busy I wont nibble. I am aware a lot of self control will be needed tho.

No comments: