Monday 29 March 2010

New habits

OK from today I am trying to get into a new habit of going out early for a walk or a jog in the fresh air. There so many things I find it easier to do when the rest of the world (and Tony!) are asleep ;I do have to cram quite a lot into my early morning routine. Exercise, meditation, and OU as well as feeding myself and 2 cats ,getting my lunch ready, getting myself ready and having breakfast.

At this stage I'm not aiming for a certain time/distance. I'm just getting out there. This morning I did 50 walking steps and 50 jogging steps for this first bit of my session . I stopped when a nagging ache in the back of my ankle made me wonder if I was putting too much strain on my achilles tendon. I didn't go as far or stay out as long as yesterday. But I went out.

I have been up for 35 minutes and have fed the cats, done my outside exercise, got my lunch ready, and blogged.

I will use the wii fit when I get home from work (oh the joys if having a separate tv so I can do that and not interrupt out viewing!

Of course I only 4 more days of work and then I will have plenty of time for everything. In fact I want to build extra exercise in then to compensate for the fact that I am not on my feet all day at work. But going out first thing is still something I want to do. I want to get used to it - and lest be honest I'd rather be out there without having too many other people to see me running. I do still feel a bit self conscious.

1 comment:

Di said...

Wishing you luck with your new routine ! We do walking in the middle of the day because that is the more convenient time for us. Mornings are already filled with other things I do my Reiki distance work, self treatment, before school prep work and more). The point is never what time or how long we do exercise, but that we do it !