Friday 9 September 2011

I came home from work yesterday feeling I could phone in sicj today with a headache or stomach problems. I don't have either - but I am very tired. This is how I used to escape form work before I retired. I would be so tired and fed up at the end of one day that I would talk myself into an illness to prevent me having to go to work the following day. I certainly had a low threshold for being ill in those days.

It is worrying that I have the same thoughts now. I wonder what it means? Something to think about.

The wiii fit remains stubbornly unused by me this week. Walking to and from work replaces it. And yesterday afternoon I was rushing about so much and not really sitting down at all. If this is how ROH treat their band 7's I am not surprised they have a problem with staff retention. Emmeline has already told me they need me until the end of the year. I must be sensible about booking dates. I cannot work 4 full weeks in a month . I must have at least one week when I hove some time off. Mind you at one point I would have been saying I can't work a full week. I must be honest and say my days when the hosice were quiet were a godsend. But the Hopsice will never keep me after 3.30 so I will always be home by four and is a much calmer day than hospital work.

I also have to think ahead and plan how much bank work I can do as I start to get other clients. I still intend to work out of Nicks College one day a week. OK I can do evenings and weekends there but from January ROH must understand they cannot rely on me as much. The one or two regular days a week is all I want to do for them.

AS ever this blog had proved its worth and helped me clarify my thoughts. Yay for blogging.

Food went well yesterday. Steve Young treated us to a chinese takeaway. I only ate half mine. Today I am taking soup toast and a banana to work for lunch.

When I started this entry I wasn't quite sure I was going to work today. There was a small part of me that could have phoned in sick. That part has had its say through this blog - so I know I will go in - and have a good day.

No comments: