Sunday 16 May 2010

Out of the pit

When I was depressed - and I mean REALLY depressed on anti-depressants - I felt as if I was on a pit and trying to climb out. It is a common enough analogy - not that clever. I have been in a pit for the past few days and I think I finally worked out why.

If I still have any readers left I apologise for the incredibly self pitying tone of this blog recently. I have now got myself into a much more positive frame of mind and can see that both my life and me are really both doing quite well.

Sometimes you need to go down into the depths to learn the lesson that takes you out of the other side of the pit so you go onwards and upwards. I truly believe that has happened over the past really black and bleak days

I have often spoken in this blog about the importance of knowing yourself and being true to yourself. I have learned some important things about myself as a result of this bleak episode.

I just hope I can build on that and get myself back on track with my health and fitness journey

No comments: