Friday 7 May 2010

Election fever

Well what a night. I dozed with the radio on so I could keep up with the election results. I am knackered now. That's the price you pay for being a political animal I suppose.

I hit my exercise goal,I drank more water and I did OK on eating only when hungry - but the dorito's and dip did come out while we watching TV last night.

Yesterday at Little Aston went OK. I calculated I only need another 67 days work this year on top of the 17 days I already have booked to stay solvent. If I do OK at Little Aston the buisness manager may well be happy to put me in touch with other hospitals in the group. So that may give me enough work.

Yesterday I crossed a small rubicon. I got a call from an agency telling me that Selly Oak want a locum and would I be interested. On reflex I said yes - but with a bit of a sigh. Later I got an e-mail asking me to send a certificated copy of my passport and CRB check to them as my CV cannot be submitted without it. I decided I didnt want or NEED the hasle that involves. So I replied saying I didnt think it was worth it because if Selly Oak REALLY wanted me back as a locum they have had ample opportunity to. So I told them NOT to submit my CV. That may lead to an interesting email from the agency. I dont need or WANT full time work.

That is especially true as Fosters have given me permission to advertise my reiki services to their residents.

So today I need to get a poster and some leaflets sorted out on the desk top publisher.

I think my goals for today are going to be work orientated. After so little sleep the idea of jogging fills me with horror. But I will do some walking. I need to go to Northfield to sort out my portfolio for Thursday. I also need a new outfit - or at least a new top - and maybe some shoes. So I think sorting out my portfolio and getting ready for the interview is a priority. If I get that job I don't need the agencies to find me any work and I will have the time to develop my reiki.

No comments: