Friday 21 May 2010

Mind over matter

One thing I have become very aware of over the last few years is the amazing power of the mind. Positive thoughts, visualizing success, belief in yourself..........it all comes down to mind over matter.

This morning I went to the park - in shorts and my pink Race for Life T shirt for whihc I dont think the world was ready - and I started running almost as soon as I left the house. I had two things fixed in my mind. The fact that I have jogged for 30 minutes using the Wii fit and Jack Sh*ts amusing tale about the first day he was supposed to run for 28 minutes.

With those two things in my mind I managed to run to the park, to the lake and round the lake .........TWICE. I ran for 15 minutes. The distance was just under 2K.

Mind over matter kept me going.

No comments: