Monday 14 November 2011

I found myself thinking last night about this blog and what it is for.I found myself wondering should I use this blog to help me set goals, or should I use it record simply what happens? Should I use it to keep myself honest about my progress towards my goals. Am I using this blog in the best way I can? Is it helping me? I started it to help me record how - or whether - I coped with everything that was going on in my life at the time - which was a lot in the year we christened two thousand and hate. At that point I imagined a time when life would be settled again - but that hasn't happened. I no longer have a regular routine of work, and I am still working very actively towards a very different type of work than I could ever have imagined 3 years ago. Why are these thoughts coming now? Because today I start back at ROH, for a much more acceptable 3 days a week with a 10.00 am start. It SHOULD be an indication of some stability returning to life - and in a way it is. But I can't plan around this being my routine until I want it to change. I have all the time been waiting for life to return to 'normal' But I don't think its ever going to do that. It can't because 'normal' now encompasses psychic fairs at evenings and weekend, ghost hunts , and reiki/hypnotherapy given when clients are available - which is mainly at weekends and evening. I need to think had about why I pulled out of the activities I had planned on Thursday and Friday last week and what that MUST mean for future decisions. But I can't use the excuse of life being up and down for me to avoid my food and exercise issues. Going back to ROH does help me with exercise. I will be walking to and from work .........3 days a week. That still leaves 4 days when I need to get myself organised. Sharon hasn't blogged about her weight issues for some time. But yesterday she turned 40 - and blogged about her battles with her weiight and how dieting hadn't worked for her. She feels she did best when she was doign intuitive eating - which is what Paul McKenna strongly advocates. She has stated she is determined to put the scales away and not be ruled by them. She is determined to stop counting calories or points or anything else. O know that is a good approach for her. I need to take it as a reminder that its the approach I have been trying to take. In fact how strange that we have BOTH been prompted to recall our battles and have an impetus to make a new resolution. Sharon - I am right there with you girl - as you are here for me. As for this blog - well this entry shows what it is best at - helping me sort my thoughts out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sally thank you so much for your support and comments on my blog. If blogging is helping you sort out your thoughts than it's working. Its cathartic for me at times when i need it...hope it is for you too :)