Wednesday 23 November 2011

I feel tired - but strangely upbeat this morning. Despite my niggling health issues, the continuing flare up of my IBS into 'shut down' mode, feeling the size of a bloated whale , the on going issues with my bladder, and some rather disturbing dreams, I feel in control of things. I have done at least an hours work on my portfolio in the evening after work on Monday and Tuesday and I feel I am making real progress with it. I have even sorted out psychodynamic, humanistic and cognitive behavioural approaches. I am finding two books I bought recently SO helpful. Magic and Practice and Wordweaving. I know as I learn and understand more from the work I am doing, I learn more about me. I have also realised I still have a LOT to learn about communication with patients and writing a good script. But I feel challenged and uplifted. I must be doing something right I also have plans to go swimming. I am going to meet Maggie on Friday. It will be good to get back into that routine - although with Northfield baths closed it will mean more traveling for me. Today we also have a game at out house. The Monday game is being re-vamped and re-shaped. Funnily enough the one exclusion has been Rob - who is a much better roleplayer. But I feel more relaxed about the game with Mark , Paul and Richard as the other gamers and NO Rob. I know Tony is looking forward to running a game again. And this is a group I can run for as well. The game at wolverhampton is great - but Wolf does ALL the dm'ing. This morning I have to go to Sheldon yo get my smartcard for the hospice PAS system - and then this afternoon is a pamper day at the hospice. I also intend to fit in some Xmas shopping in Mell square - and maybe some ordinary shopping as well. So I have the prospect of a good day ahead.

No comments: