Thursday 24 November 2011

I feel much MORE tired this morning than I did yesterday - having had a very bad nights sleep for some reason. But I am still very upbeat after an AMAZING afternoon at the hospice - and a very good evening. The morning wasn't bad either as I got most of the christmas shopping sorted. The pamper day at the hospice was SUCH an affirmation for me that I am the right path. My first patient was Dave whose first question was 'Is this based on a religion because I'm a christian and I don't want something that is against my religion. I said it (and I) were spiritual, pointed out my cross, said the other reiki healer was a very devout christian. I did say some factions within the church DO disapprove of reiki, but that reiki healers were welcome at the Raphael Guild which is part of the church of england. Ge deiced to give it a go and at the end his first comment was 'wow' He REALLY enjoyed it and obviously got some benefit from it. Then I treated Margaret's friend Heather - who has health problems of her own and she ALSO really enjoyed it. I also treated Margaret and we have agreed she will have more reiki from me - which was exactly what I wanted to do with her anyway. She kept saying how she could feel heat in her neck (she has swallowing problems) I also treated a lady called Julie who really enjoyed her treatment but during the pre treatment chat admitted to an alcohol problem. I am hoping both Heather and Julie can get referred for further treatment as carers. Margaret gave me the most wonderful moment tho. She said that of all the people she sees at the hospice I am the one she she feels has done most for her, and I am the one she trusts most. I have managed to draw stuff out of her that others haven't. It just shows I should have taken more notice of the fact she kept coming back even tho I felt the sessions hadn't gone as I thought they should have. Nicky bumped into me after my second session with her and said she thought I had been really helping her - and I was sceptical. And I have realised if someone is having reiki, I can maybe still talk to them with a few positive suggestions. The game last night was MUCH better than the old Monday game. Keeping Rob out was a good idea sad as it sounds. Tony enjoyed running it, Paul Mark and Richard (and I) enjoyed the game, and I a looking forward to maybe RUNNING a game. The downside is Mark will also want to run a game - but he may be better without Rob in the group. So I sit here feeling tired, bloated, and having cancelled my visit to Maura this afternoon, but still full of ideas. I have part 2 of my core training this morning so another trip to solihull, then home via the supermarket to relax - and do some more on my portfolio. I feel in control - and when I feel like that I seem to be in control of everything - including food. Although to be fair I had to grab whatever was available at the time during the day yesterday - and that meant biscuits and cake. But It was what I really fancied - and I did eat them sowly and REALLY enjoyed them. Ditto dinner whihc was ravioli and baked potato. This morning I haven't eaten - and won't have time to before I go out. But I am taking healthy finger food with me.

No comments: