Monday 11 April 2011

That Monday morning feeling

First things first lets tune in. Physically I am tired , my throat aches and feels a bit raspy, I am aware of a slight bloated feeling, but I am not hungry. Emotionally I am frustrated about the lack of progress with my voice - its not really improving and I am concerned about it. Thought it I have nothing I MUST do today - so I can do what I WANT to do . If that means taking a positive decision to do nothing then so be it.

Yesterday I went for a walk in the par round the lake and I took the long route to the lake rather than the more direct one.

I am doing better with eating slowly - but yesterday during the game I kept sucking sweets in an attempt to ease my throat so I could talk. I thinks that is why I feel a bit bloated. Also yesterday Gill had Pepsi Max. No sugar - but I don't the caffeine would have done me much good. I am doing better with eating what I want too. Mindless snacking is rare. I do think before I eat now.

I still haven't conquered water consumption when I am out of the house. yesterday evening I intended to refill my glass with water - but when Gill saw I was going to the kitchen she assumed I wanted more Pepsi and told me where to find it. Why didn't I just get myself water anyway? Something to think about.............

I still haven't weighed myself again. I keep putting it off with the excuse that I have always drunk a fair amount - do I drink the water in the mornings to avoid stepping on the scale? Would I believe the weight anyway or would I be mentally thinking I've drunk a pint of water so thats at least a pound of weight I can ignore?

Oh what con men we weight watchers are - looking for any excuse to either avoid or invalidate a weigh in. Masters of self deception - it makes me wonder how much I am deceiving myself about other things........................

I am going to make this a good week - and today is going to be a good day........................

No comments: