Wednesday 20 April 2011

Back to normality?

Today is my first full day of work since the operation. I have two days at Little Aston. In a way this is life getting back to normal. But the spectre of the radio-iodine treatment hanging over my head makes this far from normal. 2 weeks with no thyroid hormone replacement then 3 days in isolation, then a few days when I can't go out into crowded places means there is massive disruption ahead - and I am frightened about how Tony will cope. Having come out of his cave - or so I thought - yesterday I suggested I took Steve to cornwall instead of him.

Last night I binged at the game - and this morning I feel bloated and sluggish. I am also very tired. This could be lack of sleep, or could be lack of thyroid. I am taking Liothyronine three times a day now rather than daily levothyroxine. I dread to think how I will feel when I stop taking anything.

I feel totally sh*te this morning. Physically tired and bloated - althuogh to be fair I have only just woken up. Emotionally I am confused and frightened about Tony's reactions to all this. The question in my mind is 'when will I get the date'

Depsite this I managed a good hypnotherapy session yesterday with Simon. My voice held out - hooray.

I am looking forward to work today and tomorrow. It will be nice to have a little more than my pension to live on.

I am going to do the only thing I CAN do and take it all one day at a time.

No comments: