Monday 12 April 2010

Working towards a goal

Everyone feels more motivated and is much more committed when working towards a goal. But you need to pick your goals with care. They must be achievable , and they must be something that really matters to you - and by 'you' I mean the real you, your true self. I guess that\s why a doctor of dietitian telling you you need to lose x lbs doesn't work unless you buy into the goal they want you to reach.

Why am I drivelling on about goals ? I feel I am drifting. Mainly because I have no structure to my day while I am not working. There just isn't the same impetus to get up and go out to the park when you can think 'I can do it later'

So my exercise and eating patterns are less than healthy, I haven't done the study I intended to do and haven't tackled any of the major jobs around the house.

I also haven't blogged - and as regular readers will know my blog is one of the tools I use to keep myself on track.

So today that is going to change. I am sitting here almost feeling the fat accumulating on my body because of my lack of activity recently. I also feel I am not making progress towards my goals. I need to build structure into my day.

Each day I am going to do something towards each of my major goals at the moment. These are training for the race for life, decluttering the house, and setting myself up as a reiki practitioner with paying clients.

So what am I going to do today? I am going to walk up to the hairdressers and ask if I can advertise through them for reiki clients. I am going to start sorting out Steve's old bedroom. And I am going to get up off my fat backside ,put my track suit on and go for a walk in the park.

It is only 7.30 - the cats are very good at keeping disciplined as far as getting up is concerned. If I aim to be doing my specified tasks by 10.00 am (the time I would normally start work) I still have time to meditate etc . I am NOT going to try to do everything in one day.

As far as getting back to pharmacy work is concerned I can't do more than I ave done. I can respond to what other people tell me but unless I want to make to make a wholesale change and start advertising myself to local pharmacies as a locum there isn't much I can do.

Food yesterday went OK. I only ate half of my kebab and chips - but to be fair that was more to do with the strength of the chilli sauce more than me being disciplined. I know I need to get back to the 4 basic rules.

I still intend to end this year 7 lbs lighter than I started it

2 comments:

Sally said...

I have got to record this! I have just been to the park. I was out for 21 minutes and I did 2 lots of jogging. One was about a minute. The second spell I decided to run for the duration of on the tracks on my Ipod. The track was 6 minutes 27 seconds long. I did 6 minutes and only stopped when I knew the track was coming to an end. I am sitting here still slightly out of breath with aching calves and a huge sense of achievement.

Di said...

May your efforts this day blossom !!