Friday 22 August 2008

Two days later

and things are not a lot better .

First Edna. Steve and I are going over tomorrow. We have suggested we take her out to the cafe for lunch. She hasn;t said no - but both of of us think she will find a reason not to go. I am going to have to work hard to keep my temper with her.

The meeting today at work did not go well. I was very glad Dee was there. She had assured me on Thursday that I was taking a reaonable attitude. Its a shame Emily didn't seem to agree. Emily didn;t want to offer me anything really. The two MMAG posts have both gone ot to advert. Emily was suprised to discover that even if I didn't fit the personel spec . She made it clear she didn't think I was suitable for either post, and didn;t think I could cope with the stress of the job. The HIV job she had prevously mentioned is only 0.4 wte so thats a non starter. The only bright spot is that the TPN/surgery job has also been offerred. At least that is one I know I can do - probably standing on my head!.

But there is NO flexiniltiy about hours. I wanted to be able to leave before 5.30 so i can't get sucked into staying late. I would still do locking up when needed. But Enily is not prpeared to budge. if I have to work overtime (and pharmacy is renowned for the fact they we all work overtume) then I just have to take it is TOIL - except it isn't possible to.

I have decide if I want to work for a boss who doesn't think I am up to the job, ands thinks working overtime is an occuptaional hazard. I have a week to decide

The rehab class went well although I am now tired. Food has gone OK, but I am very stressed (can't thnk why)

I am SO glad its the weekend and a long weekend at that.

No comments: