Saturday 23 August 2008

And the fallout continues..................

Steve came round this morning just after 9.00. When I came down (I was in the bath) it was obvious there was something wrong. Thankfully he didn't go into male stoic mode but decided to let it all out. He started by saying he thought he was mad and needed a psychiatrist. I manged to convince him he wasn't mad, that what he was feeling was normal bereavment reaction. One c rying jag and some informal counselling later he has decided to go and see the chaplain at the universtity if he can to talk the whole thing though.

I am quite releived becasue I have been worried for months that he needed to talk about Alan, but he assured me his friends were suporting him. I'm glad he was able to talk to me at least initally, and I a so relived he has acepted the advice to talk professionally to somone.

We went to see Edna and guess what - she didn't go out. I wonder why I bother.

I'm still no nearer making a decision about the job.

No comments: