Tuesday 19 August 2008

Excercise good for you

I enjoyed my time in the gym. I did 20 minutes on the treadmill at 5.5 mph, and 5 minutes on the bike. Average HR was 105 so I feel Idid a good cardio workout as well as helping my back. Calorie counter was close to 100. I tried to use the pedal machine this machine but fixing t in place is tricky. But I will try to use it daily if I can.

I finallt got my blood taken for the cardiac assesment - but I had to go to SOH in the end.

I am going to see Maggie Vivien this morning - a 20 minute slot as she suggested.

Food didn't go TTO wel yesterday. Choclate biscuits and allsorts proved tempting and I broke the golden rules :-(. But this mornign I don't feel hungry so I haven't eaten. I'd better make sure I take some cereal with me for a late breakfast at work.

I'm still very bervous about how Friday's meeting will go. I've not heard back from Dee about metting up beforehand. But the worst that can happen is we can't agree - I retire and move on.I am still not convinced Emily understands why returning to BWH is impossible for me. I don't think se is a people person at all. I also don;t think she understands IWL. I've told her I want to see how much flexibility there is under IWL. She was adamant I couldn't drop Saturday's but I'm sure if I apply under IWL I might be able to do. But it ay be better to go for odd hours. If I could leave before 5 or at 5 I know I would be a lot less tired.

Work went OK yesterday. Today I'm going with Erika when she goes to B3 to see how she works. That will help me cover the ward better.

No comments: