Wednesday 6 August 2008

Time to move on

Well the funeral is over. It went as well as these things ever do - excet in nearly broke down at the begginin gof the bible reading. The boys managed to act as pall bearers with great dignity, Bob read his peice wonderfully and Jane managed her bt of the bible reading. Steve found it more upsetting than he thought he would - whihc was what I expected in a way.

Today I feel tired, drained, and emotionally dead again. I have to decide if I am going to try and go to work tommorrow - but I will think about that later.

I got some shocking news via FB from Matt Goyder. Graham Evans died last week and his funeral was yesterday. He was so helpful in the aftermath of Alan's death I must contact Janet and Dale and give them our sympathies. Edna will be upset about that as well.

I am going to hand over all the paperwork about Alan's estate to Steve and tell him he now needs to take the lead. will advise/help but he needs to push things along. Reducing my rresponsibilities by one will help me cope - and he has plenty of time at the moment.

I am back to coping one day at a time. Well so be it. At the moment thats how it needs to be.

No comments: