Monday 28 May 2012

My 6 pack

Having read both The art of being Brilliant' and now 'Being Brilliant' I have decided I needed to give myself a refresher course in the things I think I know so well thanks to Paul McKenna. 'Change your life in Seven Days' will always remain the most influential book for me. Without the hypnotherapy CD I don;t think i would have made anything like the progress I did. But the Andy's have a fresh approach that is making me take a second look at myself. In particular I like the concept of the '6 pack' of qualities' that define you at your best. However I have no doubt it will be tough to define them - and then live up to them for 14 consecutive days.

And as I think about what I feel defines me I realise I am not the same person I was post September 2007 when I was 'McKenna'd' I have moved on - so maybe this is the perfect time for me revisit these ideas....especially as I am now deliberately cutting back on my pharmacy work - to pursue my dream. But can I turn that dream into a HUGG? Maybe I haven't made much progress because I haven't been thinking big enough!


OK so what 6 qualities do I feel define me at my most brilliant best?

My first choice surprises me - but after a day spent helping friend of mine she used the same word a number of times 'inspiring' And I have realised inspiring people is exactly what I want to do

Second has got to be 'caring'

Third is 'calm' I don;t do anything well when I am not calm. And as a therapist I need to be calm and soothing to best help my clients.

Gosh this is harder than I thought. Last night I was creating a list in my head and I had 6- but they were all predictable based on my post McKenna self.

Fourth is 'generous' generous with my time and my money

Fifth is 'compassionate'

Sixth is 'Intuitive' I really do work best when my intuition and empathy are at full volume. But taking that down to a more mundane level describing myself as a good listener probably describes it well enough. I need to listen AND hear well .

How do these relate to my reiki principles? Well not worrying and not getting angry ensure I am calm. Having respect for others ensures I listen well to them. Honesty and hard work? I am honest but I don;t think honesty defines me at my best. It is just ingrained into me. And being compassionate obviously fits.

So these qualities do not conflict with my reiki principles - which I didn't think they would.Maybe this shows how deeply the reiki principles have become ingrained?

OK so now I just need to live by those qualities for 14 consecutive days. Watch this space

I made a breakthrough of a sort with food today. I went out for lunch with my friend - who has a much bigger weight problem than me. We were discussing various approaches to slimming including the McKenna approach. And somehow talking about them I managed to put it into action. I couldn't finish my baked potato!! And something I don't know what got me to eat raw tomato - something I haven't done voluntarily since I was a child.

I haven't done any significant exercise for a few days - but with a busted wii fit board the only wii fit exercise I could do is jogging - and in this heat that is NOT an option. I will go swimming or the gym tomorrow.

So what have I done today that relates directly to Krystal Wolf? Well I created a Facebook page for us - and having got 30 likes we then rolled a dice and gave that person a free reading. i did that reading today. I have also done some posts ON that page - and on a new page Paula has created for the salon. And she was kind enough to endorse my reiki .

One thing I am STILl not doing is regular meditation - and I am not even doing my reiki principles . I really MUST make progress on that.

So to finish for the next 14 days I need to be an inspiring caring calm generous compassionate listener...phew.

No comments: