Thursday 24 March 2011

Reality strikes

I weighed myself today. Over 15 stone - ouch. Still at least I now know where I am starting from. The question is how do I get things moving in the right direction. But maybe I need to work out why it started moving in the WRONG direction first.

Clearly ELMM became EMML - but what proportion of each was responsible? Was it just that I stopped jogging after the Race for life? Was it that mindful eating went by the board and 'eat what you want' became an excuse to eat anything? How much of it is now due to metabolic issues with my thyroxine levels?

I got out of the habit of exercising - and I need to get back into the habit of doing 30 minutes. I actually did do 30 minutes this morning 20 minutes of aerobics and 10 minutes of games and yoga.

So how did I do with yesterdays goals?

I walked to ROH and back - and I went swimming -about 20 minutes of activity
I meditated - but didnt do any self healing
I did the banking
I contacted the paymaster general about getting reports of my tax paid on my pension
I drank 4 glasses of eater slowly over the day.

I didnt get any work done on my portfolio tho. I felt wiped out by the swimming. And mindful eating /tuning in wasn't that successful either.

Today I have already had 3 glasses of water - and will do the same as yesterday and keep a glass with me at all times. I need to get into the habit of drinking some water when I think I feel hungry.

OK lets tune in now. I feel good - some slight lower abdominal discomfort but physically I feel better than I have done for a bit. I have had a bowl of cereal - but I still feel hungry. However is this real hunger? Mentally I feel positive - despite the reality check. Thought - I want to plan how to improve things.

So goals for today

Mow the lawn.It needs it and it will be more movement on top of the 30 minutes I have already done and it gets me out in the fresh air
Meditate and self heal.
Keep up with the water intake
Drink water every time I think i want something to eat and wait 20 minutes before I do eat anything
Do some work on my portfolio
Tune in EVERY time I think I want to eat something.

That sounds like a plan to me

No comments: