Tuesday 23 September 2008

Edna

They have discovered Edna has a small (very small) PE. So she is going onto therapeutic Clexane and is to start Warfarin. But they don't really think it is big enough to be responsible for her brathlesness. And they still don't have any idea about her foot. That foot is quite warm still and I'm not convinced the cellulitis diagnosis was totally wrong - but on the other hand the pain is a lot less.

I was relieved when I learned the INR checks can be done as home visits. How on earth would I get her to the clinic? Fosters couldn't get her there could they. And they weighed her. 53 Kg (8st 3 lbs) She used to be 10st

I have been thinking again about the sermon on interruptions. Everything seems to be forcing me to stop working - at least to stop wirking full time. Is that so I have time to do what Edna needs? Is this a sign she is going to live long enough to need that help? I hope so - but I have mixed feelings about that prospect. I wish I had a crystal ball so I could SEE what is going to happen. But then we are suposed to have faith that we will be able to cope.

I wish I could have a chat to Denise.

No comments: